• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about Statutory Rape

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tashagt03

What is the name of your state? Colorado

I know a 19 year old man who is having relations with a 16 year old girl. My question is, how is the Statutory Rape law involved if both parties are consenting?

JETX

Tashagt03 said:
I know a 19 year old man who is having relations with a 16 year old girl. My question is, how is the Statutory Rape law involved if both parties are consenting?
If she is already 16 years of age, then she is 'of age' to give consent.

Colorado Revised Statutes:
18-3-402. Sexual assault.
(1) Any actor who knowingly inflicts sexual intrusion or sexual penetration on a victim commits sexual assault if:
<snip>
(d) At the time of the commission of the act, the victim is less than fifteen years of age and the actor is at least four years older than the victim and is not the spouse of the victim; or
(e) At the time of the commission of the act, the victim is at least fifteen years of age but less than seventeen years of age and the actor is at least ten years older than the victim and is not the spouse of the victim;

18-3-405. Sexual assault on a child.
(1) Any actor who knowingly subjects another not his or her spouse to any sexual contact commits sexual assault on a child if the victim is less than fifteen years of age and the actor is at least four years older than the victim.

Source for the above:
http://198.187.128.12/colorado/lpext.dll/Infobase/2aa53/2c203?f=templates&fn=document-frame.htm&2.0#JD_t18art3

Dropdimez22

16 yr old male 14 yr old female

I need help. my cousin is turnin 17 at the end of march and is dating a girl who just turned 14 in december (making him 33 months older than her). They are considerin having sex soon and they are wonderin if hypotheticaly when he turns 18 and they're sexually active whether he will go to jail or not because she will have just turned 15

Just Blue

I need help. my cousin is turnin 17 at the end of march and is dating a girl who just turned 14 in december (making him 33 months older than her). They are considerin having sex soon and they are wonderin if hypotheticaly when he turns 18 and they're sexually active whether he will go to jail or not because she will have just turned 15
You need to start your own thread.

HappyHusband

Kinda depends on which state they aren't doing it in.

Dropdimez22

16 yr old male 14 yr old female

to fix the last 1 I posted.

location= Ohio

Once again, I need help. my cousin is turnin 17 at the end of march and is dating a girl who just turned 14 in december (making him 33 months older than her). They are considerin having sex soon and they are wonderin if hypotheticaly when he turns 18 and they're sexually active whether he will go to jail or not because she will have just turned 15

Silverplum

Start a new thread as you were told. :rolleyes: And/or see my previous post in this thread.

location= Ohio

Once again, I need help. my cousin is turnin 17 at the end of march and is dating a girl who just turned 14 in december (making him 33 months older than her). They are considerin having sex soon and they are wonderin if hypotheticaly when he turns 18 and they're sexually active whether he will go to jail or not because she will have just turned 15

ceara19

location= Ohio

Once again, you need to start your own thread instead of digging up one that is 2+ years old.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">