• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need someone to look at this!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dan148

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Florida
Hello to all my wonderful advisors, as I am sure you will be most generous to give me your input regarding the following: First of all, this is a thread regarding a potential sale VIA local newspaper, however..it may fall under the "Online sales" category because I am being emailed about the sale.
Anyway, I have a car listed in the local classifieds for sale, I have been communicating with a buyer VIA email and today I received an email..Please read.

From:"Mr Richard Hendrix" <[email protected]> Add to Address Book
To: "me" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 00:30:44 +0800
Subject: payment details

Hi
Thanks for your mail, well i am okay with the price,
and will want to make payment to you
asap, i will go about payment by instructing my
client in the states to issue you a certified bank
check of $4000 and this should take care of all
expences in this transaction, what you will do once
you have recieved it is to cash it, deduct your own
money($700.00) and the wiring charges and wire the
balance to my international shipping agent through
money gramm transfer, once he recieves the balance
will come over to your location the very next day for
pick up, now the money wired to the shipper is his
fees for his services, transportation to your location
and back to me, also for all charges that may arise
along this transaction cos i will want it to be
delivered to me safe and sound without problems, i
shall send you my shipper address as soon as i contact
him, all i need of you now is to mail me yo ur full
name and contact address as well as phone number so
that i can forward it to my client who will issue you
the check, let me know asap if you are still intrested
so that we could seal this on time. Regards

RICHARD...

Keep in mind, I had no idea this person was from out of the country, he did not state that in his original email to me when he inquired about the vehicle.
I am getting the feeling that this guy is not "Kosher". Can someone here give an opinion on what the hell this person might be doing or TRYING to do....

Tayla

Well, this is just my opinion here: I think he's trying to get a D in english class. His grammar and punctuation are in dire need of repair. :D
If you sense its not a "kosher" deal , chances are , its not. Let good judgement prevail.

D

dan148

tami123 said:
Dan:

I suspect it's another infamous Nigerian scam. In fact, here's a similar letter:
http://www.classicsandcustoms.com/discussion/detail.asp?1=1&postID=2722
Ok....I read the info in that link, I have never heard of this scam before. For those who do not know about this one and don't feel like reading through the above link, here goes.
These people somehow find out that you are selling a vehicle or anything of value. They agree to send you a cashiers check (which is fraudlent) for double or triple the amount of the asking price (for possible misc. expenses). You cash the check, then wire them the balance and send your car. So they get thousands of dollars and your car, and you get a nice bill from the bank and a knock at the door from the local authorities with cuffs in hand.

How would these people get the info that I was selling a car in a little 2000 person circulation newspaper classified ad????

I knew something was fishy and I wouldv'e never gone through with it but I was just curious as to know what this guy was doing!!

rmet4nzkx

It looks a lot like that other scam letter and in Fl there is a lot of money laundering going on, but since this is both internet and international, call and report it to to your local FBI field office. ;)

D

dan148

Take look at this one I just now received:

Mon, 9 Aug 2004 16:00:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: "rose guie" <[email protected]> Add to Address Book
Subject: Urgent call.
To:

Dear,

I am the first duaghter of an ex military/ex president been an opposition party to the present Government of COTE D`IVOIRE. On the 19th sept 2002 my father/mother
including every members of our family was murdered by the unknown REBELS during the time they attack our house by shooting and looting, even this is one of the
things that contributed to the present crisis in our country today.

God so kind I was not in town when the incident occurred, the plans of the REBELS is to kill every members of our family so that no one will rise up to revenge as time goes on. I am in our country without any one knowing although I am on hiding so that the
unknown REBELS will not get to me and kill me like they killed all the members of our family. Why I still stay back in our country is to transfer the $18.5mUSD
which my late father deposited in the custody of SECURITY COMPANY, he deposited the fund as a family treasure containing AFRICAN ART WORK FOR EXPORT for
security reasons, as security company does not operate as bank where some one can deposit his/her money openly.

Before the death of my father he gave me the covering documents of the fund deposited in the security company, as I am his first duaghter and he so much loved me that was why he made me the beneficiary of the two iron trunk boxes containing the $18.5mUSD.
Right now I wish to transfer this fund to you so that you will assist me to invest the money into any viable sector in your country, also you will help me to join you in your country for me to start up a new life with you there immediately the fund gets to you. since I am no longer safe as far as Africa is concern at the moment, I wanted to transfer the fund before leaving the country because this fund is my last hope and the only hope I have now.

Before I even pick you to assist me I have prayed and slept over it asking God to
provide for me a Godly minded person that will assist me in this transaction. I will give you more details of the transaction in my next mail.
Awaiting to hear from you.
Thanks.
Rose Guei.

D

dan148

rmet4nzkx said:
OH! the pooooooor little orphen! :eek:
Now is that really nice to say about a woman who's family was murdered...DON'T YOU PEOPLE HAVE ANY COMPASSION :D

rmet4nzkx

dan148 said:
Now is that really nice to say about a woman who's family was murdered...DON'T YOU PEOPLE HAVE ANY COMPASSION :D
But didn't I say "pooooooor orphan girl'! and use the eek! face :confused:
(my son toured the Ivory Coast while in the USMC and said it was so poor and the people so needy, it was very sad. I hate to say what I would wish on someone hoarding 18.5 million USD)

D

dan148

tami123 said:
Dan:

see: https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=181211&page=1&pp=20&highlight=jetx

If you're interested, follow Jetx's advice and read the tales by Brad Christensen.
Very interesting links in "Jetx's" post...

I think what I will do is send an email to this 'Little orphan Rosie' person and claim that I will be moving to Africa in the near future due to a medical test I am doing to cure some kind of deadly disease. And the only plant I can get that contains the cure....is in Africa. Then I tell her that I need $1,000,000.00 in advance so that I can continue my test as the U.S. government has decided to stop funding me because they fear if I find the cure it will save the lives of the folks in Africa who have the disease. Then I will tell her that a company here in the states has offered me $5,000,000.00 if I develop the cure and that I will split that money with her...Better yet, I will tell her that I will give it all to her for her part in this wonderful deed I am doing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">