• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Board of Directors Meetings

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Judiz

What is the name of your state? Michigan. Thank you so much for this service. I bought a condo 2 years ago and we finally have an association and Board of Directors (could not have one until a certain number of condos were sold). My question: It looks like the Board of Directors have chosen to have closed meetings - i.e., co-owners are not allowed to attend. I have friends in other condo complexes who regularly go to their Board of Directors meetings and are NOT on the Board. They are allowed to stay in the meeting until the point where written complaints to the Board are read and discussed. I would like the opportunity to go to Board meetings. Could you please tell me what Michigan law is - or if there is one? Or is it totally up to the Board and/or Bylaws? Thanks again!!

J

Judiz

Huh? I don't care where they hold them either. I just want to know if they can disallow co-owners from attending. Thanks. I think.

HomeGuru

Judiz said:
Huh? I don't care where they hold them either. I just want to know if they can disallow co-owners from attending. Thanks. I think.
**A: what do the CC&R's state on t his subject. Get them and read them.

P

peelmanu

Board meetings

I have the same question but it pertains to a cooperative in New York City.

1. What is the CC&R's ? Are these the by-laws?

2. How can I find out what laws govern the proper procedures for the Board of Directors to meet ( announcement and openess)?

HomeGuru

peelmanu said:
I have the same question but it pertains to a cooperative in New York City.

1. What is the CC&R's ? Are these the by-laws?

2. How can I find out what laws govern the proper procedures for the Board of Directors to meet ( announcement and openess)?
**A: please start your own new thread.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">