• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

trademark infringement for resellers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cynshop

I'm in California and I am an online retailer. One particular vendor that I work with downloaded my pictures of their product witout my permission and used them on their websie. I have the pictures copyrighted and demanded that the remove them. They responded saying that if I sue them for copyright infringement then they will sue me for trademark infringement because I don't list their company name with the tm mark and because I never got approval from them to use the photos I took of their product. This is the first I have ever heard of this. Because they sell to me wholesale I assume that I have implied rights to use their name and my own photos of their product. Plus, they never gave me any information on their guidelines to using their trademark. They have always known that I am an online retailer. Please let me know the law when it comes to reselling items. Thank you.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">