• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Did not have current proof of insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dru85

What is the name of your state? CA

I got pulled over for driving in the bike lane before the dotted line in order to make a green right turn. The officer let me off on the charge and instead he gave me a citation for not having current insurance because I recently moved 2 months ago to a new house and my address wasnt current. Also, the officer failed to write down my last name correctly, and left out a letter in my last name. Also, he failed to write down the right year of my car, both of those were clearly stated on my registration and license. Can I get off by a technicality because the officer wrote down the wrong information? And if i don't get off, what do I do in order to fix it? I never got a fix-it ticket before.

Thanks

CdwJava

The clerical error will not help you at all.

To "fix" the citation you need to obtain insurance and present the current insurance to the court. Then, if they are merciful, you will receive a minimal fine of several hundred dollars.

Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">