• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Long past due court summons

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Goose_52

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

I got a paraphenalia ticket in December 2003,and when I was supposed to go to court,I was told that it was going to be transfered to juvenile court. A friend that was with me at the time(and had gotten a possesion charge for a very small amount) had talked to them, and was told that the charges were dismissed. But,I had just recieved a court summons for this case last week. 8 months is quite awhile to finally summon me for court. I was talking to someone about this and was told that I was supposed to have this done with a long time ago,but because it was such a long time since I finally recieved a summons,I have the possibility of getting it dismissed. So what's the deal on this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">