• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What's Next?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PaMomof3

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? PA

I am hoping someone can help me understand what may happen in this case. My ex-husband was arrested during a drug sting in April. His charges are "possession of controlled substances, manufacturing, delivery, possession of controlled substances with the intent to manufacture and deliver, possession of marijuana, use, and possession of drug paraphernalia". I was told that our local police and the feds were involved. His SUV was even confiscated. Today was his formal arraignment. My lawyer says I have to wait about a week for us to find out the date of his pre-trial hearing. Also, she says that I can't go after full custody of our three children until he is convicted(which I do understand that). I want to know what kind of jail time he may be facing but I don't have all the information yet. I do not know the drug/drugs he was dealing or the amount. I have a feeling it might have been crack but I'm not sure. Can anyone tell me the process.. what happens next? Thank you

M

man-o-man

Many things change ........

.... from the time of arrest, till the time of trial. Deals are sometimes attempted, by the prosecutor or by your Xs' attourney. He may plead guilty to one offence to get the others dropped, depending on their cases against the others, who they want the most, what other information about associates may or may not surface ....... as you can see ...... the variables are many.

Wait till his trial starts and then you'll no more, when you have specifics about what charges he's actually going to be brought to trial over, then someone can give you a fair idea of what kind of "time" he's facing. Before then anything could happen; you need specifics; be patient.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">