• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A Warning And Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

catina

What is the name of your state? Indiana
I placed an ad on a classified site for an item. I received a response and the man wanted to send me a cashiers check he was to include the amount for pick up, he stated that he was out of town on a buisness trip and a friend would picking it up for him, I was given an address to send the money by western union so he could come pick the item up. I have never dealt with cashiers checks, but anyways I received the check and took it to my local bank they told me it would be held for around 3-7 days to make sure the funds were available. After the 4th day they told me it had cleared so I took all out but the amount I was to receive. I sent the rest western union, I receive a call today saying the check was returned and it was counterfiet and that I was expected to repay all of the money to the bank. I do not understand how they could hold the check and let it clear when it was counterfiet, there were no funds available for it to clear. I asked the lady at my bank how it could have cleared with no funds available she said they do not check to see if they are counterfiet. I just don't understand how they thought funds were there when it was counterfiet. Now I am guessing that there is nothing I can to about this other then pay it back, I received $400.00 and they received $3,000.00 . Any advice would be helpful...EVERYONE PLEASE BE VERY CAREFUL.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Up top, you'll see a "search" button. Click on that and then type in Nigeria. Read all the posts. Some are just like yours. Then, you'll see some important links to click on in those posts. Click on those and read the sites.

Greed is man's biggest downfall.

IAAL

D

dan148

Actually, It would probably be quicker for the poster to take the the cursor and scroll down two threads and click on the thread "Need someone to take a look at this"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">