• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

emancipation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vdcomm

What is the name of your state?florida
i have 16 year old son who refuses to fallow the rules of the house he has an 18 year old girfriend and already has sex , he was told to wait until he is 18 years old to make any kind of commitment with her , i found out that he is tryng to be emancipated, i will like to know what takes to become emancipated and if he could do it himself

CdwJava

Without your cooperation in the matter, it isa almost certain NOT to happen. Generally a minor has to be responsible, show that they can care for themselves without anyone's help (no welfare or aid from friends), and have cooperation from the family. Unless the child has good cause to be emancipated (like he's being beaten daily) no judge is likely to grant this as long as you oppose it.

And you might consider a restraining order against the adult girlfreind if not criminal charges. She has no right to be leading your son down this path, and you have every right to prevent their being together.

Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">