• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how do you prove embezzelment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dmsp4eva

What is the name of your state? new york.
my father opened a deli about 1year and 9 months ago.He has 2 partners.His son inlaw is the cook, and the business is doing very well ,about $25,000 a week.My father had said from the begining that he didnt want anything to do with taking care of the books nor working in the store itself.All of the licences are in my fathers name do to the fact that one partner has bad credit (a backruptcy), and the other had a gorvernment job.Partner number two who had the government job, i was told ,he can not have a business or partnership in his name .Partner number one took care of the books and worked in the store every day.He took home a salary every week of $900.00 .Partner number two also worked outside the store but would come into the store every now and then and get Paid.I found this to be odd since it was his store.My dad never worked at the store.Partner number two lent partner number one the money to invest in the deli.My dads share was $15,000.About 3 months ago partner number one said he wanted $200.00 more a week for doing the books.He was given the money in addition to the $900.00a week he was already getting. My dad became curious about a month and a half ago and went to the deli to look over the books when partner number one became very nervous and said to my dad he will get everything togeather for him and he can pick it up that night.My father asked me and my sister to pick the items up for him.The partners know my sister and myself.And the family.When we went to pick up the items partner number one said he had to wait to hear from partner number two.He felt that he should know that my dad wanted to see the books.Red flags went up when i noticed he was just stalling until the phone rang and it was the other partner.Thats when he handed us a bag full of bills all mixed up and three months of bank statements.
to my dads surprise the books were a joke and the statements told of very little money in the account.The rent was also behind three months.When partner number one was approached in regard to the embezzeling of money he told my father to prove it.And as for partner number two he is friends with partner number one and is also under suspicion. My father met these two men and went into business with them.He does not know what to do.The men still work at the store as if nothing has happened.If the deli was to get audited its my father who will get hurt since everything is in his name.licences and taxes etc.By the way not to sound racist but the two men are both pakastani.I have my worries about that also what with whats going on in the world today....There was also a check made out too acompany named penisi for $2,000.00 signed by partner number one and then cashed by partner number one How can he cash a check that was made out to penisi , signed by him and then cashed by the bank? the check should have had a, for deposit only stamp, like the rest of them did and not his signature.That to me means he cashed the check himself.He denies that he cashed the check and said that it was a certified check.The check had no stamps from the bank and it was just one of the checks from the check book.We also found some moneys that had been wired.We dont know where they were wired to and who they were for.Companys do not usually get paid by wire. They usually get paid cash when they are done with the delivery.Partner number one has bought a new car and sent his family to pakastian then went himself which they stayed 1 week longer with him.partner number one who was in charge of the books and running the store was able to do all this on 900.00 a week.He has 3 small children and they all have disabilities.How can he do all this on $ 900.00 a week.We went over the books based upon partner number ones system and came up with $12.000 to 15,000 a month unaccounted for.Wheres the money i say wheres the money.Help us please.

outonbail

jrsr1 said:
I have a similar case. How did yours turn out?
This post your asking about is nearly two years old. Very doubtful that the OP will even see it.
If you have a similar question, then post it in the business forum and it will receive replies.

But partners taking money from their own business is usually not a criminal matter, but rather a civil matter between partners.

jrsr1

jrsr1 said:
I have a similar case. How did yours turn out?
We are in the early stages of this case. I will let you know if I find out anything, but I am afraid, this is hopeless.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">