• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fraudulent or not???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

inspire

Hi. I live in the United Kingdom, and recently purchased a document from eBay.

This document included information on getting products for free by posing as a company, and saying that we are interested in buying their product in bulk, then asking for a sample product. After recieving the sample, you say you are not interested in buying the product.

Are any laws broken if I were to email a company saying we are a small electrical company looking to retail their product in the UK, and asking for a sample product???

In the document it said it was perfectly legal, and that we are not placed into any legally binding contracts, where we have to buy their product.

I have not emailed anyone yet, but if I were to, would I be breaking any laws????

Also, if I were to be breaking laws, what would they come under, and what punishments could arise from breaking them?

Thank you in advance.... Inspire

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">