• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dealer will not send title for car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

canis582

I bought a car on July 31st, on August 4th the check cleared. I have not recieved the title yet even though I was told it would be sent certified mail as soon as the check cleared. I called him today and he would not give me a definate day that I would have it. He also told me that it would be sent regular mail, not certified. My theory is that the bank has it and he needs to buy it from them. How can I get the ball rolling in this matter?
Its a delaware dealer.

Last edited:

BlondiePB

Typically, the Dept. of Motor Vehicles in one's state will reissue the title to the purchaser after receiving the information required to do so from the dealer. Of course, the dealer will wait until funds have cleared. This could take approx. 45 days after the funds have cleared. So, have a bit more patience. Should there be a loan on the car, the title will go to the lienholder.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">