• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Informal Probate eligable?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rntmvp

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Mn
I was wondering if I would be eligable for an informal probate?
I checked and can file for probate without a attorney if I so choose. I am listed as sole beneficiary of my brother's estate.
There is a personal rep. (not related) assigned in my brother's will.
All 5 remaining sibling's agree that this rep is not fit to perform the needed duties properly.
The house, 1 vehicle, 1 checking account, and contents are all that are in the estate.
All other assets, accounts, insurance appears to be p.o.d.'s. or have assigned benenficiary's.
There is only 1 outstanding debt(very small balance).
If unable to do a informal probate, what are the steps we could take to remove and assign a new personal rep? Thanks,

Dandy Don

You can't remove the personal rep just because YOU don't think she's qualified. Consult with a probate attorney to find out the legal grounds for requesting removal/replacement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">