• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help Me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

waheath

washington state

Here is my situation.

Im 20 years old.

I have a deffered adjudiction of domestic violence. Im not a freak but im a girl who got into a fight with her sister.lol

My public defender withrew on my case cuse its over and hes a chees ball.

I realllly wannnnnnnnnnt to join the army and dont know how this affects that.

I WANT TO KNOW WHAT I CAN DO AT THIS POINT TO REVERSE THIS!!
I STILL CAN FILE A MOTION I HAVE TILL NOVEMBER..........

I HONESTLY HATE MY LAWYER AND WISH I NEVER DID THIS >>>>>>>>>>>LOL

PLEASE GIVE ME ADVICE!!!!!!!! what can i do at my motion that will get rid of this all on my own!!

ptlmejo

Depends what "deferred ajudication" means. In some states, it means when your "probation" time is up, it goes away. In other states, it means you're convicted but the penalties are basically stayed.

Contact the Army recruiter, explain it to them, and let them make the call.

H

hub09

statue of limitations for the state of michigan for attempted drug possession?

JETX

hub09 said:
michigan is the state!
And who are YOU on this thread???
Since you are not the original poster... it appears that you are attempting to hijack this thread (for some reason... since it has nothing to do with your posts). Start your own thread.

VR_Hunter

waheath said:
washington state

Here is my situation.

Im 20 years old.

I have a deffered adjudiction of domestic violence. Im not a freak but im a girl who got into a fight with her sister.lol

PLEASE GIVE ME ADVICE!!!!!!!! what can i do at my motion that will get rid of this all on my own!!
If you are on probation, talk to the recruiter. When your off probation, the Army will take you in and teach you to be good. Or at least pseudo good. You freak you. :)

A

adesire2Bhappy

waheath said:
washington state

Here is my situation.

Im 20 years old.

From the look of things domestic violence is not the only thing against you!!!

#1 08-13-2004, 02:17 AM
waheath
Junior Member Join Date: Aug 2004

statue of limitations

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

washington

what is the statue of limitation if you were arrested for a felony. how long from the date of arrest do they have to charge you

waheath

#2 08-13-2004, 06:18 AM
ptlmejo
Member Join Date: May 2004

Depends upon the felony.

#3 08-13-2004, 02:27 PM
waheath
Junior Member Join Date: Aug 2004

it was a drug charge for possesion

just thought i would add this little piece of information on 1 of her threads..
BTW if and when you go to the army they will teach you how to spell. :p

B

BCBud

hub09 said:
statue of limitations for the state of michigan for attempted drug possession?
LOL. There is no such thing as "attempted" drug possession. Either you possessed them or you didn't.

JETX

BCBud said:
LOL. There is no such thing as "attempted" drug possession. Either you possessed them or you didn't.
And of course, you are showing your ignorance as there ARE laws prohibited ATTEMPTING to obtain drugs, prescriptive or otherwise.

But don't worry... your time here is short anyway... :D

B

BCBud

Cite one case anywhere where someone was found guilty of "attempted drug possession."

No such charge. Sorry. You may remember if you try that reading for comprehension thing, that the poster didn't say anything about TRYING TO BUY ANY DRUGS. Remember what happens when one "assumes?"

JETX

BCBud said:
Cite one case anywhere where someone was found guilty of "attempted drug possession."

No such charge. Sorry. You may remember if you try that reading for comprehension thing, that the poster didn't say anything about TRYING TO BUY ANY DRUGS. Remember what happens when one "assumes?"
First, you might want to brush up on YOUR reading, since I never made any statements about possession in this thread. You did when you said "There is no such thing as "attempted" drug possession."

As for proving that such laws exist, this is so easy... since your only knowledge of the law appears to be reading the posters on the wall of your elementary school.....

Revised Code of Washington (I chose Washington, since that is where the OP is.... but I could have used any state):
First, you have to know that RCW Chapter 69.50 is the "UNIFORM CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES ACT".

"RCW 69.50.403
Prohibited acts: C -- Penalties.
(1) It is unlawful for any person knowingly or intentionally:
<snip>
(c) To obtain or attempt to obtain a controlled substance, or procure or attempt to procure the administration of a controlled substance, (i) by fraud, deceit, misrepresentation, or subterfuge; or (ii) by forgery or alteration of a prescription or any written order; or (iii) by the concealment of material fact; or (iv) by the use of a false name or the giving of a false address;"
<snip>
(i) To attempt to illegally obtain controlled substances by providing more than one name to a practitioner when obtaining a prescription for a controlled substance.

RCW 69.50.407
Conspiracy.
Any person who attempts or conspires to commit any offense defined in this chapter is punishable by imprisonment or fine or both which may not exceed the maximum punishment prescribed for the offense, the commission of which was the object of the attempt or conspiracy."

Sorry, class is now over. Go home. :D

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">