• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Blackballed forever?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Justice?

What is the name of your state? Florida
I was accused of "criminal" behavior by my employer,
however he "chose" not to report it. Obviously because he knew there was no criminal behavior. By law and profession he must report to proper authorities if he really thought there was an offense. There was no
investigation, and I was basically accused, convicted, and sentenced by HIM. I believe I am innocent, and my sentence is to never be able to work in my profession again. In my profession, one is only as good as their last employment reference, and I am being denied one. I am now unemployed,
and unable to support myself, keep my home, pay my bills, etc. During this process I was threatened, intimidated, and asked to participate in the "cover-up" of this incident. I am not sure why this employer went off the deep end with his interpretation of my actions; however, I am being denied the security camera video tape that supposedly supports his claim; I believe it supports my innocence. I was told it will never be shown to anyone; I
replied that I want it shown, especially to a qualified professional who can make a judgment. How can he get away with this? How can he destroy my life?

Beth3

Without knowing what profession you're in and the specifics of the accusations, it's very difficult to comment however if your former employer is providing false information to other employers when contacted for a reference and you have damages as a result, you may have basis to sue him.

J

Justice?

To Beth3, I am a teacher in FL, and the employer will probably never say anthing beyond the fact that he would not rehire me, and that he will not give a reference, good or bad. In the teaching profession that is enough to make sure I never teach again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">