• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

petty theft german flight attendant need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AHJil

What is the name of your state?

CA-LAX

Hi!
First of all I´m sorry for my bad english....here is the case:
I´m a german flightattendant 36 years old and I got arrested for petty theft last Saturday after I flu in. I was hungry, wanted only to buy something to eat at a mall across the street, forgot to take any ID with me.
Somehow I had this horrible idea to steel 3 sweaters for a total value of 140 USD, I never ever did this before....
I got arrested ´cause I couldn`t identify myself, went to jail until my captain bailed me out for 1000 USD. My court date is in october but I flight back to get a walk-in date to solve it before.Here my questions:
-what is the penalty for this crime?
-do I need a lawyer ( I work only parttime and have very little money) if not what is the best to say, is the court asking questions?
-is my job under risk; am I allow to enter the US after this?
-I have to flight to Boston and other cities before my court date, is the immigration going to let me in?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">