• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Garage Sales 3 days a week

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

arznprety

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? arizona
This is my first post on the forum so I will try my best. I live in a neigborhood that is fairly new about 2 years old. A neigbor is constantly have garage sales out of her home. She even has a cash register and holds tons of clothes and other items in the garage. It is a business that they have going out of that garage. I gets me upset because its making our neighborhood look like a freaking swap meet. She lives on the street off of the main street to the neigborhood, so all who live in the neighborhood have a hell of a time maneuvering around the illegall parked vehicles of her buyers. Other neighbors have asked what can be done to stop this women from having garage sales every friday, saturday, and sunday.The homes around the neigborhood are fairly nice. Please help who can I go to, to report this illegal business, Cant I?

nextwife

Have you checked with your municipality to see if they have any restrictions? My village only allows each household one yard sale per year.

Happy Trails

nextwife said:
Have you checked with your municipality to see if they have any restrictions? My village only allows each household one yard sale per year.
**And if they don't have a law on the books then it is time for you and your neighbors to get the issue discussed at your next town/city meeting. You may have to have it put on the agenda first before discussing it. The city has the power to make laws within itself. I think they can be swayed if you have others feeling the same way.

HomeGuru

Most likely the zoning restriction does not allow such retail sales in a residential neighborhood. Are there any CC&R's? If so, those rules may be more restrictive.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">