• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ineffective representation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gaw915

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?IndianaundefinedMy son was arrested for burglary, and other associated crimes and was held in the county jail for over a year. During that period of time he was given a public defender, I counceled my son to plead not guilty as to the crimes because no plea bargain was available. The Prosecuter wrote Eat S--- on the form when we presented it to him. We went so far as the jury selection and i was called to a private office and counciled by the attys that the Judge although not compelled to do so would be more favorable to my son if he pled guilty. The outcome was a total of 147 years for ten charges. There was no effort on the part of his attorney to diminish or change any of these charges and the appealls court held up the sentences. They are all being run consecutivly. I was trying to find out if this would be ineffective representation when nothing that the attorney said or did conformed to his original statements to us. Also i might add since the trial i found out that the prosecuter and the public defender shared an office in the prosecuters office for 5 years

Last edited:

stephenk

"My son was arrested for burglary, and other associated crimes "

What were the "other associated crimes"?

wildthing

Your son must have been in Pulaski County. If so, you will find that they play by their own sent of rules and the state of Indiana won't do anything about it. :(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">