• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Secrets Here

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sunnie01

What is the name of your state?I am from Kansas.I had been seeing a therapist for the last year.During several of our visits i noticed that she would make remarks to me that indicated that she had info on me in regards to a police investigation in which i was being stalked.Come to find out she was a personal friend of the official working my case.I quit seeing her w/o giving her explanation,i contacted the faucilitys administrater with my concerns.Never hearing back from them i had a friend call and inquire about the status of the therapist,in which she was told that she no longer was employed there.I was receiving benefits that required that i be in therapy and lost them due to this situation.I could sure use some legal advice and any would be apreciated. :confused:

ellencee

sunnie01

If you believed the therapist had violated patient confidentiality, then you should have confronted her or reported her to her supervisor or the licensing board. You ended the required therapy and did not obtain services elsewhere and lost your benefits because of your actions not the actions of the therapist.

EC

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">