• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

if investigation is poor, do charges stand

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dirty6613

Case in New Jersey, charged with possession and possession with intent. If the investigation that led up to the arrest has a lot of discrepincies, does that mean the charges I received from the day of the arrest have the ability to be dropped?

In the investigation they have physical descriptions such as my height being 4 inches taller then I am, tattoos, I don't have and other similar descriptions. They almost described the man they lives next store to me to a T. They have no video tape, never caught me with the money they photocopied from the exchange. Have an attorney, but looking for another one, b/c I don't think he knows what he is doing. Hoping for some advice to let me know I am on to something.

Thank you for your responses in advance.

CdwJava

Sounds like you were too slick to be caught red-handed this time ... but, you'll slip up. (I noted that you did not deny guilt ... only poo-pooed the state's evidence.)

To answer your question - nobody can answer it. CAN they be dropped? Sure. Can they stand? Sure.

If there was sufficient probable cause to support an arrest, and it stood up in court at a preliminary hearing, then it might be strong enough to compel a jury.

Only time will tell.

Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">