• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Township / neighbor issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

insider

What is the name of your state?MI We have been fighting a legal battle with a township municipality for nearly 5 years now. The problem is that there IS an existing ordinance disallowing activity behind our home, however, the Township Supervisor & board have selectively decided not to enforce it, and look the other way. This has caused quite a problem between the residents who are stuck dealing with this activity, and the resident who has been holding this activity. The community is mainly Agricultural, which is the zone this activity is occurring in. After 3 years of this, we hired an Attorney, who now claims this municipality is the worst he's ever witnessed. Nearly $20,000 later and almost 2 years, a Civil court judge issued an injunction order, prohibiting the activity. This has not stopped it completely, and the township, although attended the trial, adjoined with us, has now decided they will not enforce the injunction. The township consists of around 4000 people, and the good-ol-boy club runs wild here. I have targeted the Supervisor & board members with the webpage, which hurt them in the primary, however the Supervisor is still on the ballot in November. We have now heard rumors that the activity may resume, possibly with the blessing of the township (special land use), even though the injunction states this activity does not belong in an agricultural area. The township has no noise or nuisance ordinance, as the Supervisor of 12 years raises Alpaca's. They want no part of their neighbors turning them in under an nuisence ordinance. We are at loss as to what to do next. We had our home appraised to sell, only to be informed that we must disclose this activity behind us, which will drop the value significantly...nearly $80,000 less we are told. We have considered filing a nuisance suit against the resident, but having Township support (rather lack of enforcement against), we don't have much to go on. A judge will ask for proof of decreased home value, and our apprasier could only give their "opinion", as until the house sells, it's unknown. If the house sells low, it could be argued that the market is bad, and the apprasial was too high to begin with. All this time, we have had our mail-box destroyed 6 times or so, our snowmobile trailer shot full of holes with a shot-gun and my wife had shots directed towards here while walking in our yard, which also peppered the house, all because we believe an ordinance should be enforced. The webpage is http://www.chinatownshipliving.com if you want to read in more detail. We have run ad's in the local paper, handed out flyers, went door-to-door, but the good-ol-boy club is prevalent in this area. Now we hope to oust this Supervisor and can only hope that the next administration is better. There is always the chance this Supervisor gets back in, then we are at a loss. Any ideas here?

amcfreek

after reading youre story . you have my deepest sympathy .. i live in a coal mine .. and i have a looney neighbor and the local township supervisors are crooks to say the least . thier buddies get to do as they please meanwhile they will sue ppl like me , file zoning complaints without haveing anny evidence.
makes you wonder why a pa man will sue his gvt in court for stealing his car and claming it as an abandond vehicle when its parked infront of his house .{74 amx with 72k original on the clock}. sitting on the paper work so i cant get it back then they dont turn the paper work into penn dot .. like it never happened .. i got the car back .. but only the police can remove an abandond vehicle as pa crimes code prescribes who, what when where and why an ambandond vehicle can be claimed ..
golly gee im not afraid to speak my peace , nor am i afraid to sue those people in office , includeiing judges and anny body else in my way of "american freedom!"
i dont want to make sugestions but learing howto file a lawsuite maybe in a best interest in certain instances.
its 100 bucks at the federal court house .. then paperwork needes to be properly served by federal marshall about 50 bucks ... {or you can mail it to em certified registered/}
its just a suggestion .. file as many as you like its a bit of work with ms word .. and 150 bucks ,, about 1 hour of a lawyer can take upthe same money and yeild a lesser outcome ...
i will sooner do it myself and sue my exlawyers ... as i have been milked and defrauded ect..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">