• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

To whom would I write a letter of complaint?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dkahlona

:mad: What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? MO

About a month ago, I signed on with a big transportation company in Springfield, Missouri with a contract to lease my truck as an independent operator. During the 2-week orientation, nothing prepared me for the pay issues with this company. I've lost money while making money for them. They have taken deductions for things NEVER discussed during orientation or given to me in writing. The dispatcher gave me long distance pickups and deliveries and then docked me for going over the mileage. I've incurred out of pocket costs that other companies pay for. I've been in this business over 10. This company misrepresented itself to me. During orientation, the reps never told me or gave me anything in writing indicating that I would have to pay for things that other trucking company pay for or which they reimburse their drivers. This company gave me a start up bonus and instead of taking the start out fee from the second check as promised, they took 50% of the start up from that bonus. There was no bonus, if that's the case. I haven't gotten a correct paycheck yet to pay bills or for my lease due to this company's "hidden" fees and deduction policies. I wouldn't have joined them had I read or was told their policies. There are just too many truck transportation companies in the U.S who need tractor trailer operators. These folks failed to reveal the hidden fees. I live in NC, but I received orientation and my truck from MO. The company's base dispatch is in Missouri. Today is my last day working for them, but I want to write a letter of complaint, not just to the president of the company, but to federal and state agencies. I want to lodge a complaint against fraudulent or misleading business practices. Fortunately, I can walk out my lease contract without penalty. But I lost a lot of wages working for his company. I want to know if my rights were violated under fair labor practices.

Last edited:

"......This company misrepresented itself to me. During orientation, the reps never told me or gave me anything in writing indicating that I would have to pay for things that other trucking company pay for or which they reimburse their drivers...."

They didn't really misrepresent anything, although they may not have disclosed some information about things you just decided to "assume" that they would do.

What makes you think all companies have to run in the exact same manner?

If the company had written something and they failed to follow what they wrote - now, THAT is misrepresentation.

Next time, raise your hand and ask questions before you commit to anything. :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">