• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is the legal definition of "Retail Sales"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SuckaBusta

What is the name of your state? CA

I want to start a business in my home doing NICS background checks on people purchasing firearms. Clients would buy a firearm wholesale or from some gun manufacturer and have that firearm sent to me to be held in order that I may process the paperwork and check their background as required by Federal/State law. After the appropriate wating period and assuming all is ok, they can come to my home and pick up their firearm.

Does this constitute "retail sales"? No inventory/displays/wherehousing-Nothing but paper and a computer and one firearm being held in a safe. Its by appointment only and I only process paperwork/research backgrounds. In my opinion it is a service business.......

County ordinances allow home occupations but it cannot involve "retail sales"

Can this in anyway be considered a retail sale? What is legal definition?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">