• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Collecting unpaid rent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JTM47

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? NH

An evicted tenant owes me over 2,000 in back rent. In the past I have used the credit bureau but these bums don't care if their credit is all messed up. I am planning to take tenant to small claims court. The only thing I have going for me is that the tenant has had long time employment at a job so I know he works. If I win how can I collect my money? When trying to collect money what is the best procedure to use?

JETX

JTM47 said:
The only thing I have going for me is that the tenant has had long time employment at a job so I know he works. If I win how can I collect my money?
There are several methods to enforce a civil judgment. Some are: wage garnishment, seizure of bank accounts and personal property, liens/levy against property, etc. What might be best in your case depends entirely on the debtor and his non-exempt assets.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">