• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Condo breaks their own rules

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gatnus

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? New Jersey

I just moved into a condo in June of this year. The rules and regulations of the condo state that I must provide $300 to cover any damages that the movers may have done to the common property. If no damage has been done, $150 will be returned.

It has now been over 3 months and the condo has not responded to numberous letters, calls and E mail requesting the return of my $150. No damage has been done by the movers.

I questioned one knowledgable person who said they know of my request but are trying to decide what to do. The condo is having financial problems (poor records, etc) and this is probably why they are not returning my money.

In fact, the condo had just added two additional maintenance payments to all the condo owners to cover unpaid bills.

What recourse if any do I have in getting my $150 back or applying it to future maintenance payments?

Gatnus

JETX

"What recourse if any do I have in getting my $150 back or applying it to future maintenance payments?"
*** First, I noticed that your attempts so far consist ONLY of "letters, calls and E mail". Why not bring your problems to the board IN PERSON at their next scheduled meeting??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">