• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Space between fences & cleaning

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

autodale

What is the name of your state? Oregon (Douglas County)
My neighbor has built a fence 10 inches from the existing property-line fence. There is nonthing wrong with the existing fence, but it's 3' shorter in height.

The problem is that, I have no room to clean weeds and debri from between the two fences.

When I try to talk to my neighbor, him and his wife scream and yell words that no one should have to hear. They claim that they built the fence to keep me from trimming their tree any more, which is hanging several feet in my yard. I spent over $500 in labor cleaning their tree and would have been happy to pay for 1/2 the cost of a taller property-line fence.

They also say that when the tree crew comes to finish trimming their tree, that they will be arrested if they climb the tree, as it's on their property and I need to use a boom truck.

Can i do anything about the distance between the two fences?

Can tree crew still climb the tree or do they need boom truck?

Please help.

Happy Trails

autodale said:
What is the name of your state? Oregon (Douglas County)
My neighbor has built a fence 10 inches from the existing property-line fence. There is nonthing wrong with the existing fence, but it's 3' shorter in height.

The problem is that, I have no room to clean weeds and debri from between the two fences.

When I try to talk to my neighbor, him and his wife scream and yell words that no one should have to hear. They claim that they built the fence to keep me from trimming their tree any more, which is hanging several feet in my yard. I spent over $500 in labor cleaning their tree and would have been happy to pay for 1/2 the cost of a taller property-line fence.

They also say that when the tree crew comes to finish trimming their tree, that they will be arrested if they climb the tree, as it's on their property and I need to use a boom truck.

Can i do anything about the distance between the two fences?

Can tree crew still climb the tree or do they need boom truck?

Please help.
**You can trim until your hearts content any part of the tree that is hanging over your property. The tree crew cannot tresspass on the neighbors property. If the only way to trim the tree is with a boom truck then that is what they'll need.

autodale

rmet4nzkx said:
If you take down the old fence, that should solve your other problem. What kind of a tree is it?
Oregon law won't let me remove a propety-line fence and use the other.

The trees are really big doug-fir and are damaging the roof to my garage, also i can't grow a lawn due to all it's droppings.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Ever heard of liquid defoliant? You can buy it at any hardware store or nursery. Then, buy one of them big squirt guns. Fill it with the defoliant, and start squirting the tree and the ground around the tree base.

That tree won't live for more than two more weeks, and he won't know why it died!

Problem solved.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">