• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Afiidavit Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

majed

What is the name of your state? Ohio

Not sure what forum this belongs to??

Hi all my name is J. D. Smith and I recently won a contest. Since I won
the orginization resposible sent me an Affidavit. I did go to the
notary office ( bank) and got everything signed but I guess I am stuck
on a part called "Further Affiant sayeth not:" there are 2 lines blank
and another blank for the date. Could any one tell me what that means
and what do I have to fill in that spot if any. As you could see I am
not familiar with the law jargon, what is the meaning of "sayeth" it is
not even listed at dictionary.com

Thanks for all your help
:)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

majed said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio

Not sure what forum this belongs to??

Hi all my name is J. D. Smith and I recently won a contest. Since I won
the orginization resposible sent me an Affidavit. I did go to the
notary office ( bank) and got everything signed but I guess I am stuck
on a part called "Further Affiant sayeth not:" there are 2 lines blank
and another blank for the date. Could any one tell me what that means
and what do I have to fill in that spot if any. As you could see I am
not familiar with the law jargon, what is the meaning of "sayeth" it is
not even listed at dictionary.com

Thanks for all your help
:)

My response:

Call them up, and ask to speak to the guy with the lisp or the hair lip.

It's old English and was replaced centuries ago with the word "says". Why they would use an archaic word is beyond me. Then, once you get beyond the "sayeth" problem with the man with the hair lip lisp (try saying that three times fast), ask why there are blanks, and what's going to be, or should be, filled in. Do not send it back with blanks. At the very least, write squiggly lines in those blanks.

IAAL

JETX

Actually, I suggest 'wavy' lines instead of 'squiggles'. Wavy lines look a lot better and judges just seem to enjoy seeing them more. In fact, major cases have been won or lost on the difference between wavy and squiggle. :D

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

JETX said:
Actually, I suggest 'wavy' lines instead of 'squiggles'. Wavy lines look a lot better and judges just seem to enjoy seeing them more. In fact, major cases have been won or lost on the difference between wavy and squiggle. :D

My response:

During the '70's, and when the "Happy Face" :) was all the rage, I had applied for a bank loan. In the blank areas of the contract, I drew "Happy Faces". It made the loan officer smile, and I got the loan.

IAAL

JETX

Did California ever LEAVE the 70's???
What did you think about the recent decision on the 'same-sex' marriages in San Francisco being revoked due to the mayor not having the power or right to issue the licenses??? I can see the political machinary starting to crank-up on that from here!!
Lets see.... has Proposition 69 been used up yet?? If not, I can see it.... mayor has the right to issue marriage licenses to anything that currently, or within the past month, has taken a breath..... farm animals, pets, recently deceased.... all lining up for licenses and 'equal treatment under law'.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

JETX said:
Did California ever LEAVE the 70's???
What did you think about the recent decision on the 'same-sex' marriages in San Francisco being revoked due to the mayor not having the power or right to issue the licenses??? I can see the political machinary starting to crank-up on that from here!!
Lets see.... has Proposition 69 been used up yet?? If not, I can see it.... mayor has the right to issue marriage licenses to anything that currently, or within the past month, has taken a breath..... farm animals, pets, recently deceased.... all lining up for licenses and 'equal treatment under law'.

My response:

Actually, and with the looks of some of the people that waltz into my offices, you'd think California never left the late '60's! Can you believe it, I had a women come in for a consultation who was married years ago, and came in wearing daisies in her hair, and wearing a peasant blouse, and patches on her pants! I thought it was neato.

I should have whipped out my . . . . . . rose colored glasses, my blacklight, and put up rock band posters in my office.

As to the issue brought up concerning the void gay marriages, I can't wait to get a gay client who was married and, prior to the Supreme court decision, had purchased real estate, a car, etc. Do those purchases fall under California's "Community Property" laws? Do the "Putative Spouse" laws apply? Oh, I can't wait for one of those cases!

IAAL

JETX

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
Do those purchases fall under California's "Community Property" laws? Do the "Putative Spouse" laws apply? Oh, I can't wait for one of those cases!
Yep, could be another windfall for the legal system!! Don't you just LOVE it when the government just pushed money into your hands due to their 'desire to be PC or 'hip'??

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

JETX said:
Yep, could be another windfall for the legal system!! Don't you just LOVE it when the government just pushed money into your hands due to their 'desire to be PC or 'hip'??

My response:

Government does it all the time for me!

But, in order to make money, I'll have to spend some money. So, on Monday I'll assign this issue to one of my associates to write a Memorandum - - we'll also get an Attorney General Opinion on the issue - - because as sure as I'm breathing, one of those folks are going to waltz in for a consultation. To be forewarned is to be forearmed.

IAAL

JETX

I can see it now..... late night, only the sobering drunks out trying to find company to take home. Yet, deep in the valley, in some obscure home, a tv is on, with the volume set low so as not to disturb the sleeping family.

Then, all of a sudden, a vision of a lawyer (see the picture at the top right of this screen) sitting in front of a wall of law books, and with a deep, rich baritone voice says:
"Have you fallen victim to the problem of the state undoing your 'same sex' marriage?? Did you purchase property during your now disallowed marriage?? Do you wonder who will get what now that your marriage is undone??

If so, call 213-555-1212, that's 213-555-1212 and the law firm of 'I Am Always Liable' will help you determine what rights you have!!"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">