• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False Testimony!!HELP!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

PoliceSuck

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?NY
I need to know what could happen when a victim of a so called burglary/robbery signs a police statement as to what happened and then when on the stand at the prelim. hearing he tells a whole different story.In his statement he clearly states a certain person does this and does that but when on the stand he points fingers at a co-defendant & puts way much more into his story..Can his police statement & his testimony be compared?

PS...sorry bout the nickname.didnt mean to offend anyone.But here in this small city where I live 95 percent of the cops are crooked.I think we have about 25 on the force thats including 4 detectives.

Last edited:

CdwJava

If he gets on the stand and contradicts his written or verbal statement to the police, that statement could be used (or should have been used) to impeach his/her credibility.

But, you must really be casting a wide net of blame for your predicament with a monicker of 'PoliceSuck' ... how is it the fault of the police if their complainant lies to them?

Carl

You just lost some available advice from people who are a bit ticked off by your login name.... don't you know that some good advice on this forum is given by cops ??? :mad:

P

PoliceSuck

Im So Sorry..didnt Mean To Offend Anyone!

I Offer My Deepest Apology For My Name Police Suck! I Didnt Mean To Offend Anyone Here.ive Just Had Enough Of The Crooked Cops Here Where I Live.i Live In A Small City South Of Buffalo Ny.like I Said Many Of The Cops Are Crooked.if They Like U--u Got It Made.if They Dont Then U Got Problems.they Dont Like Me Due To Me Voicing My Opinions.they Also Harass Me Quite A Bit.they Want Me To Be A Snitch For Them & I Refuse To.like I Told Them--they Are Getting Paid To Do Their Job.im Not--so They Need To Do Their Own Work.i Have A Great State Job.
Ps....as I Said Im Sorry----i Didnt Mean To Imply All Cops Suck---just The Ones Where I Live...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">