• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

shot someone in self defense?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

brtfz

What is the name of your state?New Hampshire
Ok from the beginning on June 15 three days before my brothers 19th birthday. One of my brothers friends dads whom my brother took a trip to florida with last summer. We'll call him Josh came over to my brothers house. This guy was to be sent to some Maine jail the following day. Well they were talking about wether or not his oldest son would beat my brothers friend who is a very big boy. And my brother said his friend would win and they began to argue. There was a crow bar inside my brothers house in which Josh grabbed it and started flipping out screaming all kinds of things. Well my brother ran into his bedroom of his 3 room apartment and grabbed a 20 or 22 gauged shot gun when Josh ran after him my brother jumped out his window. During all of this my brothers friend Darren was still in the apartment with and angry Josh. My brother went to his neighbors house and used the phone to call on our old step dad to come pick him up. After he got off the phone with Our old step dad he called Darren and told Darren to get Josh out of the house. Well after a little while longer my brother walekd back over to his apartment and peaked into his window. Thats when Josh saw my brother ran towards the window my brother was in. While Darren ran through the front door, then followed by Josh. Josh started to run after my brother and my brother ran into his driveway. Then found he was blocked in by Josh and got scared and pulled the trigger once. Josh fell to his knees and looked at his stomach then stood back up and walked to the store right around the corner. Well my step father had shown up by then and my brothers neighbor took the gun and my brother got into the car my step father was driving. In which he was about to call the cops when boom there they were. Well now it is going to supreme court and while it is self defense his lawyer is telling him that it will be a jruy trial in which there will be a lot of different factors to enter in. His charges are 1st degree assault so far. But what i dont get is that Josh is still out of jail he never was sent to Maine and he is still walking around town slandering my family name. Well at my brothers probable cause hearing Josh showed up with his son and the prosecutor told him to leave. So that he wouldnt get put on the stand does anyone have any opinions? And does anyone know what the average plea bargain is for such a case?
You can also email me [email protected]

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">