• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

background checks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

U

usmcwannabe

What is the name of your state? CA

it has been 7 years since i got 2 counts of breaking and entering my record was sealed and now i wish to go into the military how often do the background checks catch juvenile offenses?

gphjr

Since it happen when you were a child the military might overlook it for entry. You will have to reveal it when you see a recuirter. they my let you n with it, but it will be difficult to get any clearances. It wont hurt you to talk to a recuriter they ave the latest.

VR_Hunter

The military realizes that some people do make mistakes. Just be SURE and let the clerks at the MEP station know what you did. I believe they will let you in, and you will probably still get a lower level clearence at first. Later, if that is the only thing they can find on you, then they will upgrade if your job requires it.

N

navalroses

Not sure about marine reg but army regs state that juvenile felonies can be waivered if no other offenses in last seven years

rmet4nzkx

I know of a case where the USMC recruit had several minor offences after a case of cold feet following a deferred enlistment. His recruiter worked some wonders and it took a special waiver from the commendant of the USMC to get in. He was denied his original choice in work but was the best thing he did, it trule made a man out of him. Since yours have been some time ago you should have a beter idea, just be honest about it, that is the only way to find out. Semper Fi

bluesclues

Not a prob

If you want to join the military all you have to do is take yourself in I am on the streets now they are hurtting for bodies you will get in no big deal.

SHORTY LONG

It is very nobel of you in wanting to become a Marine. Be advised that no matter what, the "Truth" is and will always be the best thing for all of us; it speaks volumnes of our own character! How do you mesaure a persons character, "by there own actions." Also, the Corps is no picnic; are you sure you can take it without screwing up your enlistment obligation amongst many others things that come with it? If so, the rock and roll!

csporluck

you talking about a background check for just gettng into the Marines, or for a Security Clearance. Going for a Security Clearance they WILL rip open "sealed" records wide open. I know alot of people who tried for upgrades in clearances, or decided to go with another MOS/AFSC once they got to Boot Camp... they found stuff the recruit wasn't being honest about, and were on their way out the door.

T

thepizzaguy

usmcwannabe said:
What is the name of your state? CA

it has been 7 years since i got 2 counts of breaking and entering my record was sealed and now i wish to go into the military how often do the background checks catch juvenile offenses?
While a sealed juvenile criminal receord is not "air tight" it should not pose any problem for getting in the military. As previously posted be honest with your recruiter. They have to run a criminal check on you but if it is a sealed record the report will come back fine and that recruiter is NOT going to pursue it any further.

Now a days recruiters have a hard enough job they are not going to make it any harder on themselves.

The record was sealed for a reason. So you could get a second chance at life. Take the chance and learn from your mistake.

Semper Fi

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">