• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Restricted guardianship for a minor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shmily

What is the name of your state? Indiana

Does anyine have any information regarding this issue? My daughter was just awarded a sum of money from a lawsuit and there is a restricted guardianship that will be necessary. What is required of me. I understand that precise accounting of the money is necessary. But I was told that it should be done through an attorney. Is it true that the money can NOT be used easily by a guardian? (which is what I am hoping because of some others involved) What kinds of things are approved/not approved for use of this money?

Anything would be helpful.

Dandy Don

You need to be talking to a family law attorney about this to understand the requirements of a guardian. If you don't want to or can't take the time to manage it professionally, you could let the trust department of a bank do it for you with minimal fees. The main idea is to put the money aside for your daughter's use until she reaches the age of adulthood and can then use it for college or living expenses. You will need an attorney to get the guardianship.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">