• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Private property auto accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JamesW1959

What is the name of your state? Georgia

My son was at a party at a friends house over the weekend. They have a farm and the boys were out in a field riding in their trucks. My son ran his truck into a hole (that wasn't visible because of the grass) and he rolled his trunk onto it's side. This happened around 9:00 pm. Everyone was ok ...they rolled the truck over and drove it up to the house through the field. Never were they on public roads or public property. One of the boys was dizzy so his mother took him to the hospital to have him checked ....he was fine. The boy told the people at the emergency room what happened (he had jumped into the back of the truck ...since he was 14 the police had to be investigate). When the accident occured I went over to check things out and brought my son home. He asked if he could go back to the party (it was a going away party) ...I told him he could go back and we took him back over to the party. Around 1:00 am I received a phone call that the County police were at the party investigating ...I got over there around 1:30 am and answered what questions I knew. Around 2:00 the GA State patrol showed up and immediately said "someone is going to jail" ...the County Police said "the driver is a minor ...he's 16".

My question ...can someone be ticketing for reckless driving in a field at a party on someone's farm???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">