• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How does bond or bail work?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

buttercup24

What is the name of your state? Kentucky... Please help ASAP.. you can call me a DUMBASS later... my friend got arrested for 1 degree possesion of a controlled substance (heroine) first offense... so he spends the night in jail .. the next day he goes to court and the judge lowers his bail??? bond??? to 10 percent of $2500.00 so I pay his way out with $250.00 and now I don't know what to do... Can I only lose the money I paid or can I be liable for the remaining $2250.00? Please help.. and should I go revoke the bond and just lose the initial $250.00? I am lost and this is just what another friend told me.. so I am clueless.... HELP.... :confused:

CdwJava

If you secured the bond and he runs, then you are on the hook for the remaining amount.

One reason why you should never bail out friends or family. You can get hosed.

Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">