• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I got arrested in OC california

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gsxtasee

Orange County, California: I was arrested and was told "I matched the description" of someone who did something. I want a lineup so I can prove it wasn't me. I am not considered indigent and need to know when and how to request a lineup.

CdwJava

Your attorney can "request" one, but nothing you can do can force them to get one. ... but if they arrested you, there is more than a vague description. But the fact that you are typing this to us now indicates that you are OUT of custody ... so you made bail or were released O/R.

The state has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you committed the offense to get a conviction. Probable cause for the arrest is much smaller, so its relatively easy to make an arrest ... much harder to convict.

Carl

calatty

You can "force" them. Your attorney can obtain a court order for a lineup. Lineups are two-edged swords. What if the witnesses identify you? That will be another weapon in the prosecution's arsenal.

G

gsxtasee

well, I do not yet have an attorney and I have court again Friday, 22AUG04. I am going to take in the information from the atty's I have spoken to and try to show Ican't afford one. I am averaging ~$2k quotes for misdemeanors!! When I was arrested, the "ambulance chaser" type guys who solicited me were running ~$600 and I thought that was expensive for my case.

anybody know an affordable atty in the OC area?

I thank you all for your help and suggestions in this matter! Thanks a lot.

racer72

For your info, most of us on this forum do not live in Southern California and don't have a clue what "OC" means. I thought you were just a redneck from Oklahoma City.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">