• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help Me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jayboy8321

What is the name of your state?Mississippi

My dad is dying of cancer and has about 2 months to live. What happens to his things? he has told me and my siblings that we get everything in a few weeks but can his wife touch anything after he dies?? I just want to remember my dad and she is being greedy trying to take things that mean nothing to her... is she entitled even if the property was his before the marriage?? Please Help me

Dandy Don

Ask dad if he has a will and if so, to show you a copy. If he doesn't have one, then there will be a big mess.

A

admittingscared

Help Dad too

I'm not a lawyer, but I can tell you from experience that to save you and the other beneficiaries a lot of headache later, Dad's wishes need to be in writting. If he cannot write for himself, then have someone else write it as dictated by him with at least one other (preferrably non-family member) as witness. Have him sign it as well as the witnesses. Date it and distribute copies. Hope this helps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">