• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tri-state plate dilemma

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

slowmelk

What is the name of your state? GA, NY, and NC
This is a little tricky... :confused:
I drive a truck that I bought in GA, the GA plates have now expired. I live in NY and have a NY driver's license and insurance. I plan to move to NC in about 3 months. I never changed my plates becasue I anticpated moving and didn't want to pay to get NY plates and then immediately turn around and pay for NC plates. Is there a cheap and legal way to handle this? Can I just apply for NC plates/license or do I need to prove NC residency first? Is there some sort of service to simplfy or pre-register a state to state move? Thanks for any and all help!! :D
-slowmelk

mrtoledo

slowmelk said:
What is the name of your state? GA, NY, and NC
This is a little tricky... :confused:
I drive a truck that I bought in GA, the GA plates have now expired.
Now expired? Were these the plates of the original owner? How would they still be valid?

S

slowmelk

am the original owner

I purchased both the car and these plates in GA. I am the original owner. The plates expired in Nov., sorry for any confusion.
-slowmelk

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">