• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

restraining orders

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

arp

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

My friends mom wants to get a restraining order against me so i cannot see her. We got into trouble together before but have both cleaned up our acts. We are both under 18. Can she do that?

CdwJava

Probably. If she has good reason, and a judge agrees.

Bottom line is that you do not have a "right" to see her underage child against her wishes. And apparently she is going to see that it does not happen.

Carl

Bravo8

Actually, no she cannot.

Pennsylvania does not have "restraining orders". We do have "Protection From Abuse" orders (often called "PFA"). However, it only applies to intimate or family relationships, and there needs to exist a demonstrable history of abuse (although "history" can be one single occurence).

Regardless, her mother cannot obtain a court order prohibiting you from seeing her child. However, it is her child and she has the right to tell you to stay away.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">