• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Regarding refund of rent for two night stay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tlholder

What is the name of your state? Texas
My spouse and I purchased a condo in Sept 03 and have rented it our for vacation use. It is located on the Beach. We rented it out to two women for a two night stay. They each sent me a check for the amount of one night plus the deposit. I received this on the day before they were to leave. I received email from one of them stating that they would leave that Friday morning. At eight thirty that night I received a call from one of the women that they did not want to stay there and have made other arrangements. They tried to cancel their checks and one was able to cancel her check and the security deposit check. The other one was not. I have it on my web site that no late cancellations and only evacuation refund allowed if less that 7 day cancellation. I could have rented this out to other persons for the weekend but had it rented to these ladies. Am I required to refund the money of the check for one night that did not cancel? I have had numerous other renters that have emailed me back that they were very pleased with the accommodations. Thank you

Last edited:

HomeGuru

tlholder said:
What is the name of your state? Texas
My spouse and I purchased a condo in Sept 03 and have rented it our for vacation use. It is located on the Beach. We rented it out to two women for a two night stay. They each sent me a check for the amount of one night plus the deposit. I received this on the day before they were to leave. I received email from one of them stating that they would leave that Friday morning. At eight thirty that night I received a call from one of the women that they did not want to stay there and have made other arrangements. They tried to cancel their checks and one was able to cancel her check and the security deposit check. The other one was not. I have it on my web site that no late cancellations and only evacuation refund allowed if less that 7 day cancellation. I could have rented this out to other persons for the weekend but had it rented to these ladies. Am I required to refund the money of the check for one night that did not cancel? I have had numerous other renters that have emailed me back that they were very pleased with the accommodations. Thank you
**A: post the link to your website so we may review your terms and conditions.

tlholder

tlholder said:
How do I post the link for you to review?

http://www.onlinevacationrental.com/

Go to Texas on the main page, and then Corpus Christi, My listing is one of the condo's listed. Beach Front Condo for Rent in the title and is also states just down from the USS Lexington. The picture on the screen is of the Bedroom. In the Web site all of the pictures are of the actural unit. Thank you.

HomeGuru

I do not have time to search the website. Post the link that goes directly to your webpage. And I am not interested in photos but rather reading the disclaimer and/or terms and conditions of your rental and reservation.

Last edited:

tlholder

Thank you Happy Trails that is it, if you don't mind my asking how did you locate that link. I do not know how to do that and would like to know. if you have the time to email back. Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">