• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I allowed back in?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rakuhn18

What is the name of your state? PA

I was recently fired from Barnes and Noble after working there for 3 years. I was told I am no longer permitted in any Barnes and Noble. Is this legal? Can I go back in? I was fired for giving my friends the employee discount, not theft or anything major. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Yes, it is legal. You cannot go back in unless Barnes and Noble gives you permission to go back in. They have the right to decide whom comes into their store and who doesn't.

BTW, giving an employee discount to someone who is not entitled to one IS a form of theft and it IS major.

Happy Trails

rakuhn18 said:
What is the name of your state? PA

I was recently fired from Barnes and Noble after working there for 3 years. I was told I am no longer permitted in any Barnes and Noble. Is this legal? Can I go back in? I was fired for giving my friends the employee discount, not theft or anything major. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!
**They don't have to allow you back in. And as far as it wasn't theft or anything major. That is a matter of your opinion. Giving people employee discounts is taking money from the store. What would you call it?

Happy Trails

cbg said:
Yes, it is legal. You cannot go back in unless Barnes and Noble gives you permission to go back in. They have the right to decide whom comes into their store and who doesn't.

BTW, giving an employee discount to someone who is not entitled to one IS a form of theft and it IS major.
**Now I know why it was taking my post so long to post.(lol) :)
Dang, I hate when things get slow. :(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">