• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

reciprocity between states??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

ksa04

What is the name of your state? OKlahoma
My brother was recently arrested for 2 counts of forgery (criminal felony) and released on his own recognizance. He is in the process of moving to California. I am concerned that he won't show up (come back to Oklahoma) for his court dates. Won't they be able to track him down in CA and bring him back to OKlahoma if he leaves the state if he fails to appear? I'm confused and can't seem to find any information about reciprocity between the states. I want information so I can convince him of the necessity to show up and face this situation. Ultimately it's his life but I would like to make sure he knows the consequences of his actions. Any guidance would be appreciated - websites to research, etc. The official counts are 21 O.S. 1561-1628.
Thanks!

CdwJava

If he fails to show for court, OK may issue a warrant for his arrest. if they try, they WILL track him down. However, if the charges are minor, chances are they will not extradite from CA ... but he WILL have a warrant hanging over his head until it is cleared up. Many jobs, loans, government assistance, and other perks of life will be unavailable as long as the warrant exists.

Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">