• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

widow in Illinois, time share property in Mexico, which law is which?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pcman592004

What is the name of your state? Illinois . Deceased owned time share property in Mexico. His signature only one on papers, deeds. No will. Their home is in Illinois. So if contested to probate, how will this property be lawed? through Illinois law or Mexico law? The daughter and son of the deceased, both adults with families, want money from the sell of the property. The ex-wife is not contesting the new wife at all. The present wife of the deceased wants to obey her dead husbands wishes and keep their time share property until it is dissolved in 2007. It was their place to get away. Only their money during their marraige was this aquired. Does the daughter and son have rights to the time share property in mexico? What law does this fall under - Illinois or Mexico?

P

pcman592004

Dandy Don said:
Who is the executor of this estate?

Is the executor also an attorney?
There was no executor, there was no estate. just the small time share property in mexico. since the daughter wants to fight for a monetary share of this property, the widow has retained an attorney.she is waiting for him to get back to her on the questions i posed to this site. i also lookeed online at mexlaw.com and i believe it stated the laws of mexico would split it up without any will involved. i was asking if Illinois law or Mexico law would have jurisdiction or if it even mattered.

Dandy Don

Mexican law will be involved since that is where the property is located. It is possible to have this property probated in Mexico--it doesn't necessarily have to be done in Illinois just because that is where the death occurred.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">