• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract And a Gun To My Head!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wisdom1

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? MN

As a part of a larger group, we are negotiating with a franchisor who has committed multiple counts of fraud. While our case is strong, and we would likely prevail, either the franchisor or the franchisees will likely go bankrupt if we continue.

The franchisor has offered a lousy settlement, and the others in my group (for the sake of argument, let say @ 20) really want to settle, and I don't blame them. However, all our losses are considerable.

The franchsor refuses to settle with individuals, but will only settle with the group as a group. If I don't sign, there are others who will lose their houses and go bankrupt. If I do sign, I give up my claim, which I don't want to do. Its only an agreement if we all sign.

Is there any way that I can indicate that I am signing "under duress" or is there a right of recision on this settlement contract?

I feel as though someone has a gun on my friends, and if I don't sign this thing to which I can't agree, they will all be shot, but it is wholly against my wishes.

HomeGuru

wisdom1 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? MN

As a part of a larger group, we are negotiating with a franchisor who has committed multiple counts of fraud. While our case is strong, and we would likely prevail, either the franchisor or the franchisees will likely go bankrupt if we continue.

The franchisor has offered a lousy settlement, and the others in my group (for the sake of argument, let say @ 20) really want to settle, and I don't blame them. However, all our losses are considerable.

The franchsor refuses to settle with individuals, but will only settle with the group as a group. If I don't sign, there are others who will lose their houses and go bankrupt. If I do sign, I give up my claim, which I don't want to do. Its only an agreement if we all sign.

Is there any way that I can indicate that I am signing "under duress" or is there a right of recision on this settlement contract?

I feel as though someone has a gun on my friends, and if I don't sign this thing to which I can't agree, they will all be shot, but it is wholly against my wishes.
**A: we can't help you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">