• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

serving someone papers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

RichardFatlong

What is the name of your state?RI
What are my options when serving someonewith a notice to appear. Can i do this myself? Do i have to do this through the sherrif's office? What can i do if the person i'm trying to serve is avoiding the sherrif? Can i trick the person by delivering flowers or something and just hand them the papers and say "you have been served"?

JETX

Since you are going to be such a $hithead about it.... I will just go ahead and delete my post......
Have a hap-hap-happy day!! :D

Last edited:

JETX

RichardFatlong said:
thanx for answering 1 of my questions. Does anyone have any real advice?
Oh, and before anyone offers this nitwit any 'advice', be sure to visit some of HIS responses to others:
"you should have left him alone ya biotch"
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=186569

"holy ****"
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=186813

"here is a great site for locating people and obtaining unlisted phone numbers,addresses,cell numbers,phone bills etc"
With a link to a private detective service.... which advertising is a violation of this sites TOS.

R

RichardFatlong

this case is extremely frustrating. i won a judgement. i have the def home address and phone number but she is avoiding the sherrif and i'm stuck. i can't believe that there isn't another option provided by the court for suituations like this. there should be some other course of action for plaintiffs when the other party defies the law and in essence says to the court and the sherrifs dept "screw you"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">