• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Working for a spouse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

duckyme

What is the name of your state? nj

I originally posted this in Family Law, but maybe it should be here instead.

My future husband and his brother own a business together. I am going to start doing some office work for them. His brother mentioned there was some sort of contract I may have to sign (might be a pre-nup) in order to work there so that I dont say in 20 years from now that I helped build the company, etc.

Anyone have any information on exactly what that contract/agreement is all about?

JETX

duckyme said:
Anyone have any information on exactly what that contract/agreement is all about?
If YOU don't know what it might be, how the hell would you expect US to know???
Jeeze Louise..... some of the questions we get!!! :eek: :eek:

D

duckyme

Was it necessary to be so rude?
I was simply asking if this was common...and if it had a name. I DONT know what it is, which is why I came here to find out.

JETX

duckyme said:
Was it necessary to be so rude?
I was simply asking if this was common...and if it had a name. I DONT know what it is, which is why I came here to find out.
Yes. Stupid questions begat rude replies!!!

Hey, I have a radical idea.... why don't you ask your future husband and his brother???? I know.... crazy, huh??? But it might just work!!! Go ahead, give it a try!!!

D

duckyme

I did..they're going to talk to their lawyer...

In the meantime...found this site..thought it was cool..thought i'd ask. Didnt need your obnoxious answer. if you didnt know, you should have ignored it.
thanks anyway.

JETX

duckyme said:
I did..they're going to talk to their lawyer...

In the meantime...found this site..thought it was cool..thought i'd ask. Didnt need your obnoxious answer. if you didnt know, you should have ignored it.
thanks anyway.
Confucious say... the only stupid question is one that is not asked. You shouldn't have asked. :D

D

duckyme

haha..silly me...I just checked out some of your other posts. Now I get it.

Ok, well, if anyone else reads this and has any REAL insight, please....

Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">