• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

impersonation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shalove

What is the name of your state? De

recently i was arrested cause i have a loser brother who has many drug problems. Anyway when he got arrested 3 times inthe past 6 months he has used my name. he never showed for the court dates so i ended up getting arrested for this plus its all on my criminal record!

now 2 of the crimes have been dismissed since i met the officers and theyy admitted i wasnt who they arrested. but its still on my criminal record. i was gonna file for an exspungment but they said i cant exspung traffic tickets. so if not how do i get it off my record?

this last one is being a pain in the arse. this time he was arrested for "Loitering with drug activity" the cop has admitted to me that im not who he arrested but he wont dismiss the charge till he finds my brother to compare signatures and whatever he thinks he needs to do. basically it seams this cop is lazy and wont go pick my brother up to clear this up for me.
he has said now that he has arranged a meating with my brother to meet a week away. i dont want to wait another week i want him to go get him NOW!
anyway the cop make it sound like he's not sure if it is my brother that did this but i know for a fact it is becasue i saw the ticket he signed and its my brothers hand wrighting. the cop tells me that if he doesnt think its my brother i will get a summons to go to court. im really ticked now. what i want to know is if i have to go to court do i need a lawyer? and even if the cop thinks its not my brother when i know it is can i file a warrant for my brothers arrest for using my name? and is there any legal action i can take against the cop?
cause i really dont like this cop he seams to lazy to do anything and this is my life im trying to get straight and he has not done anything to help clear it up fast enough. i feel also this is the officers fault for not correctly arresting my brother and checking the info before letting him go.

PLZ help cause i need to clear this up

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">