• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sex descrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Scared Mommy

What is the name of your state?New Mexico

My husband works for a government office in our little town of 10,000 people. He was hired as the Network Administrator. Shortly after starting (around 4 months) his boss (female) began to yell and gripe about every little thing he did. She has now pulled him into her office, told him nothing that went on inside was to be repeated and reprimanded him for several things that he did not do and she has no proof of. She would not give dates or specifics of the wrong doings, she wouldnt say who was accusing him nothing. And now she is always telling him that things will break if he touches them,telling him that he is in her way when he is fixing HER problems (Like her email.... how important is that to running a county?) All the other people that work there (All female) spend their days chatting on MSN messenger, playing solitaire, and wondering around doing nothing. The other people who look after the computers are breaking things that he is getting in trouble for. To me she is trying to force him into quitting to avoid unemployment. Isnt there any law or anything to protect employees form this. Even the personel manager says she is a man hater.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If he believes that he is being singled out BECAUSE OF his gender (and not because he's the new kid on the block), he can file a complaint with the EEOC.

O

oceanglider1

As a systems Administrator your husband is under alot of pressure I know My best friend is one at a large firm and the buck stops there. Its a tough job.
but I hope that your husband will take this advice from someome who has seen exactly what hes going thru first hand . As a systems administrator his job is to service the accounts there on site I.E computer workers,Analyst V.Ps ,doing the reports etc.He must emotionally detach himself from his boss and others because of his position and only work the numbers. A systems Administrator needs to be a ghost figure in that environment in order to survive. Dont give them any rope . He needs to remember his knowledge will him keep there , not his personality . and last if he is ever asked to train someone to help him . DECLINE.. Never hire your successor. Tell him to give the trainee minor work that shows alot but means nothing. Okay its not legal advice but it has worked for my friend for 5 years . And take him out on a date every once in a while to keep his self esteem up. it works wonders!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">