• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sudden Unintended Acceleration

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

RJS

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Colorado

My wife tried to back our 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee just a few feet out of the garage. Immediately after shifting to reverse, the engine was on full throttle while my wife's foot was on the brake and the car hit a moving van jus ten feet outside the garage with enough force to cause $9000 damage to our car. Chrysler has reviewed the case and says they can find nothing wrong with the car. I have researched this issue and have found that Sudden Unattended Acceleration (SUA) occurs 12 times more frequently per 100,00 vehicles with Jeep Grand Cherokees than with all other peer SUV's. If Chrysler will not take the car back, I have considered simply stopping the lease payments and letting them take it back after the body damage has been repaired. What are the implications of doing this? We are convinced that this car is inherently dangerous and unsafe. This is our third leased Grand Cherokee.

RJS

Tayla

How often has this vehichle been taken to a trusted mechanic for this specific problem? In what way did Chrysler review the case? Did they have someone come out and physically check the brakes and transmission?
Signing the lease keeps you bound to the contract, you'll still be accountable for its payments and repairs. Read your contract for early termination fees and possible loss of security deposit if one was attained at signing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">