• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Confidenentiality, Non-Solictation Agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

King G Ranch

What is the name of your state?I live in Arizona and work for an Arizona based company. I have been working for them in the sales department for a little more than a year. Earlier this week they faxed me an Confidenentiality, Non-Solictation Agreement. It contained instructions to sign it and fax back the next day. The following day I was called and told to mail it back signed that day, do not fax. I have not done so. They offer no rewards for signing. It looks to be the standard Non Compete Agreement with a two year clause of not selling like items, not solicitating existing customers and not soliciting any potential customers should my employment end with the company for any reason. When I was hired with the company I did sign a Confidentiality Agreement, it did not contain a Non-compete Clause.

The area in which I live has very limited job opportunities. If I were to seek a different employer 90 plus percent of those that I would qualify to work for would be considered competitors of my existing employer. My concern is that if I do not sign it I may be terminated.

Can I be terminated for not signing?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Yes. You can be terminated for not signing.

However, whether you can be termed for not signing it and whether the agreement is enforceable are two different things. In my state, a two year limitation is not considered reasonable and the employer would not be able to hold you to it. Take the agreement to a local attorney for review.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">