• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mistake on pre-employment physical

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mikemhp

What is the name of your state? ca

in process of getting a new job, a pre-employment physical and drug test was required of me; which i completed approx. 1 month ago.

physical went fine, but they told me that i tested positive for cocaine.
this is impossible. (expiremented a little bit, but over 11 years ago...!)
i immediately told them that this has to be a mistake, and told them to re-test the specimen. i also came back to the clinic the following day and took another test at my own expense.
the first specimen re-test had the same positive results- (i believe the wrong bottle somehow got my info labeled to it.) the newer test came back negative for any toxins as i knew it would.
the employer is saying that i must get the medical review officer of the clinic to admit to a lab mistake or else they won't hire me....

i really want to get this job, is there any info out there that might help me get the clinic to cooperate with me? they are treating me as if i am some sort of colombian drug lord or something. i don't take any medications (legal or illegal) nor have i used any illicit drug for well over a decade.

any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Shay-Pari'e

There is really not much recourse for you. They retested the same sample, with the same results. You may have been negative the second round, but how do you account for the first being tested twice with the same positive reading?

Look for a different job because you do not have a case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">