• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Town Incorporation questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shawna01

What is the name of your state? Arkansas

Does anyone have any experience in town incorporation?
We are working on incorporating our town in Arkansas, but have a few stumbling blocks.
We are within 5 miles of another city. We had previously believed that the city must give us a release to form a new town. However, under examination of Arkansas Act 14-38-101, I have found that we may not have to.
The existing town and our area are seperated by a river and is only accessable by a bridge. This may make the 5 mile law invalid, according to a subsection of the act.
Does anyone know anything about this?
Thanks,
Shawna

racer72

Tell me you folks are attempting to do something that should require the services of an attorney, and probably more than one. I live in an area that was incorporated about 7 years ago, we had at least 5 attorneys to handle all the paperwork.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">